I love me some fudge so when I saw this recipe over on V and Co. (via MADE) my thoughts were this: Hmmm 3 minute fudge tasting the same as regular fudge, I don't think so. BUT I had to try it to see if it was just as good. AND IT IS!! so so yummy.
What do you need?
- 14 ounces of condensed milk
- 24 ounces of chocolate. I used 10 ounces of dark chocolate chips, 14 ounces of milk chocolate chips
- 3 minutes of your time in front of the microwave
- 30 minutes - 1 hour of time to be patient in front of the refrigerator, well I guess you don't have to stand there :)
How does it work?
- Pour chips into a microwavable bowl. Add nuts, peppermint, whatever else you think might taste good, I added 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Pour condensed milk on top of chips and mix with a spoon.
- Put bowl in microwave and microwave. I did six 30 seconds sessions (3 minutes total) as I don't trust my microwave enough yet to not burn the chocolate. Stir in between each session.
- Pour gooey chocolatey goodness into a pan. I used a 9x12 pyrex dish. I also dumped some walnuts on top at this point so that it would have a topping.
- Put into refrigerator to wait until hard. I ate them after 30 minutes and they were hard enough to cut and stay together but I like firmer fudge so this morning I thought they were even better.
Happy Fudge Day! (and yes a few bars may have disappeared while taking pictures ;) sorry Evan!)