I have finally finished the Aviary Patchwork and I am a little in love with it. After posting about buying the fabric, cutting the fabric, I thought it only made sense to share the finished blanket! I decided to have some subway tiles blocks mixed in with the regular squares to make up the patchwork. Here are some in progress pictures:
For the backing, I debated it for a very long time and finally decided to go with organic cotton sherpa. Sherpa is similar to fleece but thicker and just as soft. It has a really nice weight to it and I am just in LOVE with it. So by using the sherpa I didn't need to do any batting. I quilted in a zigzag sort of manner around the subway tiles and it left an interesting pattern on the back of the blanket.
I think I might make more blankets with the broken up patchwork like this. But my list of things to make is just overflowing at this point!
I hope everyone is having/had a good Monday!